Saturday, September 05, 2009

Texture, paint and pretty.

These are an example of my new project. I'm printing banner fabric to upholster the chair tops and back of my Louis XV settee. The long back will be the skyline of Paris. and the chairs street signs and wrought iron scroll work. I'm really having fun and thinking of new ways of using it.


I like the cushions too, I just think it's too much all at once in one room.


love how elegant and chic this whole vignette is.



simple, sleek, tasteful






I'm fighting the urge to use this BenMoore color Razzle Dazzle. I'm not winning.




This looks like the big sweater to curl up in with a latte. mmmm Fall!!!! my favorite season.





I fell in love with this paper. Just so simple and beautiful.

















I'm warming up to this color. This form is so intentional looking. I love it. One of my favorite things is low hung chandeliers. This one is really perfect.
Well I hope you are all well and hope you have a beautiful long weekend.
My blog address I found out is going to be printed with some of my work in House and Home magazine. I'm so excited. I feel about 12.

Deborah







6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Deb! I can't wait to see pics of your project. I uber love that sweater chair! I had a favorite fisherman sweater that I used to cover a little footstool and then tacked a heavy fringe all around.

Unfortunately, it was before we upholstered the wing back chair in fabric that doesn't quite match. Oh well!

Hope you are well and enjoying life to the fullest.

xxoo

Michelle

tishjett@yahoo.com said...

It's taken me two days to figure out how to formulate an explanation for my bizarre message to you the other day.

I'll try to make it simple:

1.) I found you on Bonjour Madame, have visited you several times and think your blog is outstanding, stunning, makes me feel as if I've stepped into a chic decorating magazine.

2.) While visiting I saw the comment regarding a blind dog and my mind flipped over to dogs.

3.) I got all worked up and instead of sending my comment to beansgood, I sent it to you.

4.) I hope some of this makes sense.

5.)Finally I did send her a comment.

6.) Again, your blog is one of the best out there and congratulations for your up-coming mention in "House and Home" -- very exciting and definitely warranted. Good for the editors for recognizing talent.

Whew, this is quite a ramble.

Best regards,
Tish

Design Cracker said...

Tish it was blog destiny!! ha ha. I am so glad this accident happened and wow that was a great point form explanation. My friend Michelle who I refer to as Mish is a beautiful person who would give it all and almost has to care for her dogs. I totally understand your side track there. Your words were kind and really encouraging. Thank you so much and please come back. Nice to meet you.
Deborah

Michelle said...

Isn't this the funniest thing... I emailed Tish about your blog and couldn't quite understand how she found mine... LOL! And here we all are. It's all good! (despite the fact that my blog is.. ahem, just not in line with fashion or France).

Blog destiny for sure!

tishjett@yahoo.com said...

Deborah,

Thank you for your understanding (Michelle also). I am an absolute tech-twit.

Don't worry, I'll be back on a daily basis for my design fix.

I believe there is such a thing as design destiny.

Wonderful to meet you as well.

Tish

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much. This really helped me with my work. I appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.



My Camellia Installation

My Camellia Installation
For a Vancouver Chanel office

My Camellia Installation

My Camellia Installation
For a Vancouver Chanel office

My Camellia Installation

My Camellia Installation
For a Chanel office in Vancouver

My Camellia Installation

My Camellia Installation
For Chanel office in Vancouver

My Camellia Installation

My Camellia Installation
For Vancouver Chanel office
Powered By Blogger



A couple of my pieces in past House and Home

A couple of my pieces in past House and Home

A couple of my pieces in past House and Home

A couple of my pieces in past House and Home








Followers




Class Act, by Billy Haines.

Class Act, by Billy Haines.
One of the great Hollywood Decorators

Popular Posts